” We believe Jesus Christ set’s the tone and the description for authentic manhood. The Gospels offer the outline and formation for manly maturity and the carrying out of responsibility as a single man, as a married man, family man, widow and for a man’s last days as he prepares to meet his Maker! A man can’t go wrong with taking on the task of the Christian lifestyle. “Bishop Joseph N. Perry
What does it mean to be a Follower of Catholic Men Chicago Southland or a CMCS-Man?
The only requirement to be a CMCS-Man is your commitment towards growing in holiness and “ LIving the Goodness of a Catholic Man .”
- Firstly, the best way to live out your commitment is to pray daily from your heart A Man’s Prayer. It will change your life, you will see.
- Next, prayerful discernment and action of Bishop Perry’s Virtues of a Catholic Man. It will bring peace and stability to your life, marriage, and/or family. Commit to live one Virtue at a time before you move to the next towards “ LIving the Goodness of a Catholic Man ”.
- Keep yourself involved with the Apostolate Community: Subscribe to the CMCS E-Newsletter. Follow this CMCS Blog .
- Lastly, pray for CMCS, and let us know how we can pray for you too.
If there are no dues to be a CMCS-Man how is the apostolate funded?
CMCS is wholly funded by individual supporters who believe in the impact of our mission of fostering men to grow in holiness and make Jesus Christ the center of our daily lives – ” Living the Goodness of a Catholic Man “.
- CMCS is an Illinois State recognized nonprofit, and is not an IRS-certified charity. No revenue is generated by advertising, and funded only by individual support. Operation of CMCS is debt free, and administration is done by the CMCS-Team who gain no financial benefit from their engagement for this apostolate.
- Gatherings/ Event Funding: Good stewardship means operating CMCS debt free, and keeping our gatherings and programs in the black, while charging an affordable fee (compared to the national average) so men attending events can bring other men with them.
- Annual Funding: Become an CMCS financial contributor, monthly or one-time pay online, or download a donor form, on the About page.
- Lifestyle Funding: Did you know that you can support CMCS at no additional cost to you? Visit CharityMobile.
- Grant Funding: Each year CMCS holds a matching gift appeal through our mailing list, thus causing supporters dollars to multiply and grow through good Biblical stewardship. Grants otherwise don’t fund CMCS because there is no way to measure spiritual growth, and they like to see documented progress.
- CMCS is a self-supporting Catholic Apostolate, is true to the Magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church, and hierarchical sponsored by the Most Reverend Joseph N. Perry of the Archdiocese of Chicago.
If you have further questions about becoming a CMCS-Man or Contributor feel free to Contact Us.